sorry about the ridiculous lack of posts, i have been house sitting and haven't had access to a computer.
i really quite liked house sitting. if anyone needs their house sat, i'm your girl :)
i got to live with a totally cute and gorgeous cat (though not quite as good as my tessa) called sam. he was very friendly and cuddly. and on saturday (just when i was about to leave the house to sing at charmaine and simon's wedding) he brought me a wee mouse. i must say it was an incredibly charming mouse, even though it did make me chase after it under fridges and ovens for a good hour or so.. it is now living happily somewhere in michelle's backyard :)
other excellent things about house sitting:
- bike! i got to ride a bike around lyall/island/owhiro bays, it was beautiful. i don't know why i haven't thought of riding a bike before now..
- being close to church, the beach, a playground, the bus stop.
- getting out of bed in the morning and stumbling to the bathroom in my pyjamas.
- nice organised systems - i had a laundry system, a cleaning system, an ironing system, a newspaper system, and a leaving things in a place and not finding them moved somewhere else system.
- being able to get home late without people worrying. well, it is nice to have people worrying but, just for a little while, nice to not have to worry if other people are worrying.
- awesome things that i got to do while house sitting - round the bays walk, phono concert, bike riding, helping jamie, lloyd, dave and alastair move into their flat, gate crashing their flat, meeting up with cool people for lunch, getting to work up in the bell tower of the cathedral and play quasimodo..
all that said, i am really quite pleased to be home again. i missed my family and my cat very much, and it is nice to have company and people worrying again :)