chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

As the Ruin Falls

All this flashy rhetoric about loving you.
I never had a selfless thought since I was born.
I am mercenary and self-seeking through and through;
I want God, you, all friends, merely to serve my turn.

Peace, reassurance, pleasure, are the gods I seek,
I cannot crawl one inch outside my proper skin;
I talk of love - a scholar's parrot may talk Greek -
But, self-imprisoned, always end where I begin.

Only that now you have taught me (but how late) my lack.
I see the chasm. And everything you are was making
my heart into a bridge by which I might get back
from exile, and grow man. And now the bridge is breaking.

For this I bless you as the ruin falls. The pains
you give me are more precious than all other gains.

(C.S.Lewis)

2 Comments:

At 10 February 2012 at 7:46 pm, Blogger flutietootie said...

Nice little poem. Thank you for sharing

 
At 27 August 2014 at 2:01 pm, Anonymous diablo4shop said...

The story facilities around a group of figures seeking to stop a highly effective warlock that has called animals onto the landmass.Art film director Edmundo Bordeu requires audiences on a trip of Cerro Santa Lucia, one of the places re-created for the encounter, before activity designer Andres Bordeu talks about the mission's three figures.Players can set up each character's moveset and contributes fans to each exclusive move as they improvement through the tale.They will also open up whole new exclusive strikes arbitrarily as they improvement.
Diablo III Items

Diablo 3 Items For Sale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home