chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

i'm back!

sorry about the ridiculous lack of posts, i have been house sitting and haven't had access to a computer.

i really quite liked house sitting. if anyone needs their house sat, i'm your girl :)
i got to live with a totally cute and gorgeous cat (though not quite as good as my tessa) called sam. he was very friendly and cuddly. and on saturday (just when i was about to leave the house to sing at charmaine and simon's wedding) he brought me a wee mouse. i must say it was an incredibly charming mouse, even though it did make me chase after it under fridges and ovens for a good hour or so.. it is now living happily somewhere in michelle's backyard :)

other excellent things about house sitting:
- bike! i got to ride a bike around lyall/island/owhiro bays, it was beautiful. i don't know why i haven't thought of riding a bike before now..
- being close to church, the beach, a playground, the bus stop.
- getting out of bed in the morning and stumbling to the bathroom in my pyjamas.
- nice organised systems - i had a laundry system, a cleaning system, an ironing system, a newspaper system, and a leaving things in a place and not finding them moved somewhere else system.
- being able to get home late without people worrying. well, it is nice to have people worrying but, just for a little while, nice to not have to worry if other people are worrying.
- awesome things that i got to do while house sitting - round the bays walk, phono concert, bike riding, helping jamie, lloyd, dave and alastair move into their flat, gate crashing their flat, meeting up with cool people for lunch, getting to work up in the bell tower of the cathedral and play quasimodo..

all that said, i am really quite pleased to be home again. i missed my family and my cat very much, and it is nice to have company and people worrying again :)

7 Comments:

At 26 February 2006 at 2:55 pm, Blogger Natalie said...

first!!!!

 
At 27 February 2006 at 6:05 pm, Blogger Pete Williamson said...

First!!!

 
At 27 February 2006 at 6:05 pm, Blogger Pete Williamson said...

Crap... how come I'm always second...

Whose house did u sit upon?

 
At 27 February 2006 at 7:28 pm, Blogger Natalie said...

michelle fitzpatrick's.
did you reply to my text about that rumour? my phone is randomly eating some of my messages before i get them and i thought you had just snobbed me but maybe it is my phone's fault. so: glorious golden locks?

 
At 27 February 2006 at 9:55 pm, Blogger essie said...

Worrying people aren't so bad, are they? (you've got me...worried).

Pete, next time I post a message on my blog, I'll send you a txt so you can be first :)

 
At 28 February 2006 at 7:27 pm, Blogger essie said...

and don't think I missed the double full stop at the end of that list ms moreno. not to mention the other totally unnecessary full stops scattered throughout the rest of the text.

yor gramer iz dizgistng, eye wil mak uh mintel noat

 
At 28 February 2006 at 8:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, your phone must be fixed. i text you several times to check if our arrangement could be postponed. i hope i did not cause undue inconvenience. i also hoped you watched shock treatment. therapeutic vomiting? i gotta try that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home