chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

reasons

i got home from work today and made a list. it was a list of lists i need to make before i go to summer wine. on my 'getting affairs in order and destryoing the evidence' list was this: write in blog. importance: EXTREME.

so here i am.
writing on blogs is HARD.
really quite too hard for me to actually manage to write anything.
here is a list of reasons why it is too hard to write on my blog:

- i'm tired
- i am lazy
- i'm not very good at thinking at the moment. well, ever.
- i use up all my patience dealing with sarah for 8 hours a day :D
- blog inferiority complex: sarah your blog is just so much better than mine and posted on so much more frequently. how can i compete?
- i don't have an opinion
- it has taken me half an hour to write this much.
- my tummy hurts
- i am far too inept to be expected to come up with coherent sentences
- my computer is all the way down the stairs. to get to the stairs i have to walk all the way down the hallway. see? even getting there is effort. i need some kind of dumbwaiter. or flying fox maybe.
- i am angry and spiteful and i think you would find that if i wrote more often far more people would be verbally abused, far more plots hatched and an unhealthy amount of conspiracies invented. and by the way, i know you are all in on it.
- chocolate is stupid.
- YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!


so there. leave me alone. i will post when i am ready.
or at least next time i am threatened with clowns.

6 Comments:

At 18 January 2006 at 9:06 pm, Blogger Pete Williamson said...

First again! OH YEA!!!!

 
At 22 January 2006 at 1:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my darling natile,

to solve your blog-related problems i can recommend going to fiji. everyone should up and leave. i declare we should all live life on "bula time". who needs a watch? who needs road rules? who needs government stability? who needs five+ a day when you have taro? who needs new zealand! actually i need new zealand. there is nothing like the feeling of landing in wellington. so homely. anyway, as part of my trip i learnt to read again. yay!

and i learnt an another important lesson: always apply sunscreen to the back of one's thighs before going snorkelling and spending the entire day lying face-down under the magnifying layer of sea. always.

p.s. there should be a new rule on this blog that people are only allowed to post proper posts. i get all excited when i see "five responses" and then i click on the link and they turn out to be stoopid boys with their stoopid posts counting to five! hurrumph.

p.p.s. i eventually managed to dominate the banana bread - don't think for a minute that i let it get the better of me.

 
At 24 January 2006 at 2:26 pm, Blogger essie said...

um, a lot of the 'comments' I get on my blog are also boys saying pretty stupid things. But I think they say far stupider things on your blog, therefore you must be twice as special, how can I compete?

I realise that spending 8 hours a day with me is a terrible burden. Countdowns are the new cool, so maybe it'd help to know that you have only

5 more days until I'm not the boss of you.

I'm sad of course. It means I have to try and amuse Paul with my lame humour and my puny female tactics. I have tried to take in all you've taught me, but I fear I will let you down.

But whenever I'm down, I think of a song somone wrote for me (or for some Sarah anyways...)

Sarah...talks so quiet you can hardly
HEAR HER!
But if you heard her you would surely
FEAR HER!
And then you wonder if you want to be
NEAR HER!
It's all part of the mystery of...Sarah.

See, it is all about me. I knew they had it wrong at Summer Wine!
(kidding).

Did you know you rock? I love your blog, it cracks me up. May I remind you that Natasha liked yours much better than mine. I appreciate the sacrifice, and encourage you to spend more time (during lunchtimes and 5pm) blogging.

 
At 31 January 2006 at 5:41 pm, Blogger Pete Williamson said...

now that you have no job, does that mean more posts? :D

 
At 31 January 2006 at 10:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have no job?!!! what happened?

 
At 1 February 2006 at 11:10 am, Blogger Natalie said...

um...yes.
i fully intend more posts.
i'm sorry peat do you miss my musings?
it's okay laura, my contract ended that's all.
now i have nothing better to do all day than sit and think about what i could post on my blog that would most amuse peat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home