chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Monday, February 13, 2006

you know what else is stupid?

too many things going through your head all at once.

makes you want to go to bed and hide. the problem with hiding being, of course, that you can't hide from thoughts. what we need is some kind of magic pill that makes you stop thinking for a while.

i sort the things in my head into 6 categories:

- admin
- worrying (actually this kind of comes under admin)
- the song/s currently stuck in my head (at the moment it is hi5 opposites attract combined with juliagrace wrapped in plastic)
- crazy thoughts that come from nowhere perceptable - maybe impendia ("i need to sing natalie cole - no, wait, i AM natalie cole!" "dun dada dun dada dun dada shiny scalple! dun dada dun dada dun dada dun gonna slice him up!" "she looked at me - she must hate me!" "she hasn't looked at me - she must hate me!" "maybe if i leave now i can get to the circus by sunday" "the rats are fine"
- maths and working things out - this category usually combines with admin
- the stuff that isn't from my head. *

i think there might be more categories, there must be more things that i think about.. i will let you know.



*you will be pleased to know that this list was written to msd national directory standards

3 Comments:

At 13 February 2006 at 7:50 pm, Blogger Pete Williamson said...

Sweet... the rats are fine... I can sleep now...

 
At 14 February 2006 at 9:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the magic pill that stops you thinking...look no further than your local liquor store

 
At 15 February 2006 at 12:56 pm, Blogger essie said...

I didn't know the National Directory had any standards...

Kidding, I noticed the hyphen, space list, followed by a full stop at the end. I'm very impressed - and also a little worried :)

I'm amazed that you can break your thoughts into categories like that. I just put it down to "thinking too much" and resign myself to general depression.

Though I don't know any magic pills, I know a few things that are almost guaranteed to snap me out of it:

- watching favourite movie (usually Pride & Prejudice, 10 things I hate about you or Lilo and Stitch)

- playing guitar

- going on some sort of outing

- talking with friends

- blogging :)

Oh wait, I forgot the full stop. Here it is
.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home