why being really lonely is sometimes super-awesome
let's explore the ways that being really lonely is sometimes super-awesome.
1. lots of time to think about yourself.
2. you can exhaustively play over your largest or tiniest foibles over and over again.
3. hobbies need love and attention too: all that time alone will help me to perfect my unparalleled knowledge of minesweeper, Harry Potter and Dido and Aeneas.
4. lots of time to work out what you should have said.
5. Mozart didn't get good at guitar by being social.
6. stalking. so wrong, and yet so good...
7. everyone loves a mopey-crankypants.
8. you pick up excellent skills of observation.
9. lonely people music is awesome.
10. it's way easier to get attached to fictional characters.
11. deep and meaningful conversations almost always work better when they are in your head.