chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Monday, June 16, 2008

why being really lonely is sometimes super-awesome

let's explore the ways that being really lonely is sometimes super-awesome.

1. lots of time to think about yourself.

2. you can exhaustively play over your largest or tiniest foibles over and over again.

3. hobbies need love and attention too: all that time alone will help me to perfect my unparalleled knowledge of minesweeper, Harry Potter and Dido and Aeneas.

4. lots of time to work out what you should have said.

5. Mozart didn't get good at guitar by being social.

6. stalking. so wrong, and yet so good...

7. everyone loves a mopey-crankypants.

8. you pick up excellent skills of observation.

9. lonely people music is awesome.

10. it's way easier to get attached to fictional characters.

11. deep and meaningful conversations almost always work better when they are in your head.

7 Comments:

At 16 June 2008 at 8:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It gives you time to get to a better understanding of technology...

Yes, I have a photo...

 
At 16 June 2008 at 8:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie, who are you stalking?

Also, are you sure that number 2 is a good idea?

 
At 16 June 2008 at 9:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Lonely is good.

 
At 17 June 2008 at 9:16 am, Blogger essie said...

hehehe, I love number 11 - so true :)

So you're looking on the "bright" side of life, huh?

 
At 23 June 2008 at 2:11 pm, Blogger A. J. Chesswas said...

"lonely people music is awesome"...

so true... also you can legitimately fall in love and get all poetic about it when you're single - the risk, the excitement, the disappointment, the deep insights into the meaning of life... certainly not boring...

 
At 24 June 2008 at 8:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm So Ronery
I'm so ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work very hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A little ronery
Poor rittre me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feer rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I work rearry hard and I'm physicarry fit
But nobody here seems to rearize that
When I rure the world maybe they'rr notice me
But untir then I'rr just be ronery
Rittre ronery, poor rittre me
I'm so ronery
I'm so ronery

 
At 30 June 2008 at 1:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stalking is awesome. but don't take it too far. everything can AND WILL be traced.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home