i went to the folk festival with sarah and ruth and kate and chris and sally and ian. it was fun
this is what i learned:
- there are actually three bus routes that go from lower hutt to wainuiomata on a saturday afternoon. just because it says it is going to wainuiomata, doesn't mean it will take you directly to wainuiomata..
- wainuiomata is bigger than it looks.
- the hughes family really does tent in style. i was impressed and intriguéd.
- folk people don't eat food; they eat "kip".
- i want really long red curly hair.
- don't ever buy a pencil case that has a hilarious joke on it but then turns out that the joke can also be interpreted as a highly offensive statement against a minority group.
- i am much more of a grandma than i thought when it comes to late nights...even huggies outlasted me!
- cars are good for sleeping in and nice and quiet.
- i am pretty much the best kazoo player ever in the world.
- without love, life is like the seasons without summer
without love, life is rock'n' roll without a drummer
- you can't stop the beat! (cause the world keeps spinning round and round, and my heart's keeping time to the speed of sound, I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my waaaay. you cant stop the beat!)
(you cant stop the motion of the ocean, or the rain from above. you can try to stop the paradise were dreaming of, but you cannot stop the rhythm of two hearts in love to stay, you cant stop the beat!)