chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

two teeth

today i had two wisdom teeth pulled out.
i think this means that i have lost half of my wisdom.

so don't expect anything profound from this blog.

on the plus side, i got my teeth given to me in this real cool little box that is shaped like a tooth, and one of the teeth is all gnarly because the dentist had to dig it out from under my gums.
i like teeth.
ooh, and i have express orders to take lots of drugs today. it pleases me.
i had a nice nurse, she sat there saying nice things the whole time like "you're doing really well" and "you are being so brave." it made me feel like i was seven again, which was brilliant.

the injections were freaky though. the dentist gave me some numbing gel first so it wouldn't hurt so much, but it did. though the scariest thing was before he started doing anything, and he explained the procedure to me. "oh, and because the lower tooth is so close to the nerve there is a possibility you may have some permanent numbness in your lip (i just have to warn you)": AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!
fortunately i have pretty much given up any ideas of opera singing which i may have once had. still.
brb.

right now though, half of my mouth is numb which is weird cos there is all this blood in there that i can't swallow, and i keep biting my tongue which looks really gross when i look in the mirror but i don't feel anything.
i recommend dental surgery to everyone. it is so novel!
and i feel incredibly lucky that i live in a country where i have access to it. and aenesthetic.

12 Comments:

At 7 September 2006 at 5:25 pm, Blogger essie said...

FIRST!
(just wanted to reinstate that).

I should be studying, but I felt I should warn you NOT to bite your tongue in two while testing the after affects of the anaesthesia! It would make talking to you rather difficult.

PS: you are brave. extractions are scary. thank God he never gave me wisdom...

 
At 8 September 2006 at 12:01 am, Blogger Michelle Mama Bear said...

Glad it was you and not me!!

Hope your mouth feels better soon!

 
At 8 September 2006 at 9:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wisdom teeth are great to have removed. did you go completely under a general? or just local? i had mine out a wee while ago and the nurse gave me an iceblock when i came out from anaesthetic. so sweet of her. the operating room was just like shortland street. although, sadly no chris warner (i'm sure he's going to resign over this latest incident and leave the show, it will be a sad day). anyway, i digress. glad you survived the operation. apparently 1 in 20,000 people never wake up from anaesthetics. i read that on the pamphlet they gave me before i went under. it was a scary number to think about. that's very common.

 
At 13 September 2006 at 7:32 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

FIRST!

 
At 13 September 2006 at 7:32 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

drat, guess I was too late

 
At 16 September 2006 at 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am outraged you have not updated in over a week. I could tolerate a week. But this is just ridiculous. Have you gone bush? Are you in hospital? You'd better have a bloody good excuse Ms Moreno.

 
At 16 September 2006 at 11:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

middy?? clearly, in a rage I cannot spell my own name xoxo

 
At 17 September 2006 at 9:45 pm, Blogger Michelle Mama Bear said...

YES!! Where are you Natalie??!! I have been checking in for a read and ..... NOTHING!!

 
At 18 September 2006 at 9:33 pm, Blogger essie said...

she's doing a mark...it's the new cool, not posting.

 
At 18 September 2006 at 11:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, to think, I thought the new cool was ultra-skinny guys wearing skinny-leg black jeans with enormous shoes to accentuate their spindly legs. Can someone tell me how this is attractive? Do they actually 'pull' women looking like this? Especially since most women aren't that thin and would be suitably chunky in comparison. And what woman wants to feel chunky?!

Enough of my rant.

I am missing Natalie posts. However, I have embraced my new home at Huggies' blog - this has eased the Natalie-drought we are currently experiencing :)

 
At 19 September 2006 at 9:46 pm, Blogger Natalie said...

i am sorry.
i have been a bit busy..
post soon :)

 
At 29 September 2006 at 1:34 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

last!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home