chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

suggestions

i have been informed this evening that my blog has been going downhill and i need to write more decent things. suggested topics have been:
- my nasty horrible boss
- the use of the words awesome and fantastical
- snakes...ON A PLANE
- laying on of hands - dodgy? and how many hands are we talking about here? does that mean i get to lie down?
- my preferred pronunciation of my name
- teri is great

so i will do my best to please you all.

1. my nasty horrible boss.
her name is huggies, or hugg-a-ma-ries. which you should all call her from now on. she makes me work ALL day, as if i were being paid for it or something. she is always throwing darts at me and telling me what to do and blaming me for things. and she makes herself seem soooo nice by letting me alphabetise but NO, it was all part of her tricky plan to give me paper cuts. she is so mean that by the time i get home in the evening (sometimes she even DRIVES me home - the nerve!) i am too tired to do my readings or write on my blog to you lovely people! worst of all, sometimes she has conversations with me and gets me juice and hangs out with me at lunchtime. i tell you, it is so frustrating! :D

2. the use of awesome and fantastic.
see, these words used to mean great things. not just "great!" or "cool".
awesome means awe - some. meaning it is full of awe. like God, sometimes i am awestruck by him and i want to say he is awesome - but i can't. it is not fair! God, you are not just aaaaawesome, but AWEsome. amazing is perhaps a closer synonym. i am in awe of you.
now fantastic. basically and adjective for fantasy, so if something is fantasy-like or has elements of fantasy in it, i is fantastic. i would love to use this word in this context, but i can't because no one would understand. so i have to say fantastical and that can easily sound dodgy.

3. snakes...ON A PLANE!
that's right, tomorrow the snakes will _actually_ be on the plane! i am a little scared, i had a dream that i went to see it and i had to sit far away from people i knew and the movie was real freaky, like almost as freaky as the ring. and then i think i got trapped in the movie theater...
as long as the snakes don't climb out of the tv screen and eat us though, i think it will be okay.
(do snakes live in wells?)

4. laying on of hands.
so in 10 days i will have some hands layed on me. (laid?) i would like to know exactly how many hands this entails, and will it be good touch? does the term 'lay' imply that i will be lying down? asleep? okay so i am being silly: i am saying these things because i am going to be confirmed soon, on sunday september 3rd. if you are reading this you are definitely cool enough to come. (all saints church in hataitai). more soon...

5. my name.
many of you may be aware that my name is natalie. today i have decided that i would prefer for it to be pronounced "nata-LIE", as in the emphasis is on the last syllable. also, for those who are interested, my full name is natalie lauren danger reid integrity m.

6. teri is great.
yea, self-explanatory this one. i mean, she has been mentioned on this blog at least 4 times already!! ooh, and i am on the subject of j-frows, guess who is turning 9 months this sunday!! (and i will be 21 and 1 quarter. if you add me and jakob together, you would get a whole year.)

7. skiing! (extra for experts)
i am the luckiest girl in the world because next week i get to go skiing!! i get to hang out with some very special people and i have a lovely boss who doesn't mind that i will just up and leave work for four days. it is going to be beautiful! i love mountains! and snow! (whoever thought up those things sure was on to something...)

14 Comments:

At 24 August 2006 at 10:19 am, Blogger Unknown said...

The Snakes are on a Plane. If they were in a well, it'd be called Snakes in a Well, now wouldn't it?

 
At 24 August 2006 at 4:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Huggies boss sounds so mean and bossy. I'd quit if I were you - who'd stand for such vile employment conditions!?

In other news, I thoroughly enjoyed your latest post and amongst all my colouring-in I have managed to find time to check emails, etc. It's wonderful. More adults should own colouring books!

I love Switchfoot - just got their CDs and they are brilliant. I also love running. Although sometimes running doesn't love me. Then I get sad and have to use the rowing machine (like today).

PS> I note in your post that you spelt your name a little incorrectly. I believe it should be Natile Merry?Mo! You shall forever be that to me xoxo

That is all for now. Adieu!

 
At 26 August 2006 at 12:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woops hehe, in my telling you how to spell, I actually spelt it incorrectly myself. Merry?No! Apologies. This will never happen again xoxo

PS> Why does no one post anymore?

 
At 26 August 2006 at 12:32 pm, Blogger essie said...

i admit it. i am terrible

 
At 26 August 2006 at 8:36 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

...speaking of the Old Testament...

http://breakinggodslaw.ytmnd.com/

(be patient & wait for it to load fully... prolly not worth it on dialups)

 
At 26 August 2006 at 10:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm. i have just remembered why chocolate is so stupid. unfortunately i remembered the hard way. damn chocolate.

 
At 30 August 2006 at 10:03 pm, Blogger essie said...

Ha! Natalie's not here to watch over her blog. That means Huggies can GO WILD!!!

 
At 30 August 2006 at 10:03 pm, Blogger essie said...

RUNNING RIOT, TRY AND STOP ME!!!!

 
At 30 August 2006 at 10:04 pm, Blogger essie said...

DA DA DA dun dun DA DA DA dun dun!!!

(5 days to go...)

 
At 30 August 2006 at 10:05 pm, Blogger essie said...

Mongooses eating snakes on planes!!

 
At 30 August 2006 at 10:06 pm, Blogger essie said...

chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate (...ooh she went there!!)

 
At 30 August 2006 at 10:06 pm, Blogger essie said...

Try and stop me smee! Did you know I'm a SME? Well I am. I hope you are suitably impressed...

 
At 30 August 2006 at 10:09 pm, Blogger essie said...

Okay, the novelty is kinda wearing off now...

[Huggies looks left, looks right and, rushes out the door]

HAHAHAHA, you'll never catch me, I'm the...BAM!

Ow...that was my nose. Stupid wall. Came out of nowhere

 
At 29 September 2006 at 1:35 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

w w w dot LAST! dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home