chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

here are the songs i am totally DIGGING at the moment

Disclaimers: a) my opinions do not nessesarily represent those of the artists. b) 'key line' does not nessesarily mean the key line of the song, but the key line that speaks to me at the moment.

One more time (Ben Johnson-Frow)
(Or, more aptly, "One last time")
I don't know what it is. There is a sense of togetherness and epicness about it, but also a sense of sadness mixed with hope. It works for me.
Key line: "So here we go, one more time."

Love will light my way (Ben Johnson-Frow)
Beautiful in its simplicity. I love the bass line. And it's that beautiful mix of sadness/struggle mixed with hope that helps me to reach a compromise between what I want to listen to and what I should listen to.
Key line: "I'm miles from the boat but I'm not sinking"

My heavenly (Jars of Clay)
Well, obviously. How can anyone not love this song?
Key line: "Though love cries, love will rise"

Actually, the whole song is great.

Let the wind fall wild across my path
even though I barely move there's no turning back

..I know it never feels right
to let go of the safety I used to hold in so tight.
But there is a lion underneath these skies...

..hope fill me, keep me here.


Other songs I am digging:
The only thing (Phono)
Brand new day (Joshua Radin)
The Valley Song (Jars of Clay)
Surrender (Vineyard)
None but Jesus (Brooke Fraser)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home