chocolate is stupid

well, it is.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

i am not a writer

i am not a writer
i cannot write short stories
i cannot write good poems
and i cannot…make things rhyme.

my thinking is not deep and meaningful
my thinking is not bright and witty
so how can i write good words
without sounding like an idi (ot) ?

don't get me wrong
i like words
i like how they look
and how they talk to each other
and i like playing with them

it is the creating of them that i can't stand

i mean, where do people get these ideas?
they must have better heads than me:
heads that have ideas
heads that can clean up their ideas for other people to understand
heads that can find the words to write down what they mean.

when me and my head go to write things, it erupts onto the paper in a big splatter of vomit -
WORDSANDLETTERSANDDOTSALLOVERTHEPLACE.

it is easier to read, and enjoy what other people have created.
(i am not a writer.)

6 Comments:

At 15 October 2008 at 2:42 am, Blogger David Williamson said...

When me and my head go to write things, I end up with songs about poo. I'm not sure which is better.

 
At 15 October 2008 at 11:29 am, Blogger A. J. Chesswas said...

very cool :)

 
At 15 October 2008 at 9:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah! Words are evil!

 
At 15 October 2008 at 10:33 pm, Blogger tommo39 said...

When I write things I tend to end up re-writing and sticking bits of separately written things together and goodness knows what else. Takes years sometimes. I hope it works. You're good at writing blogs, something I suck at hehe.

 
At 15 October 2008 at 10:57 pm, Blogger essie said...

hehehe, i love how you're being all self-depreciating when that poem is actually pretty darn rad.

i enjoyed it anyways.

(PS: i'm reviving the word rad. join me)

 
At 19 October 2008 at 1:32 pm, Blogger Corinna said...

Huggies - it's 'self-deprecating' - how could Natalie ever depreciate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home